Eyebrow may lose their natural appearance due to:
- Burns or accidents.
- Radiation or Chemotherapy.
- Congenital reasons.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Systemic diseases .
- Trichotillomania .
Eyebrow hair transplant is a permanent solution for eyebrow problems generated by any of these reasons.
Who are the Best Candidates?
Generally, all the people having eyebrow problems are good candidates for eyebrow transplant. Especially, following patients are the ideal candidates for the eyebrow transplant:
- Men or women losing their eyebrow hair due to genetics, over plucking, trauma etc.
- The patients facing any condition that result in loss of eyebrows
- All the patients having realistic expectations
- The women who want to restore completely missing eyebrows
- The women who want to add fullness to the eyebrows or want to reshape their eyebrows.
What is the procedure?
The procedure of eyebrow restoration depends on the demands or expectations of the patient. In order to hide a scar, a small amount of eyebrow restoration is enough and full eyebrow restoration is possible when the conditions are severe.
In a full restoration, almost 50 to 500 grafts can be transplanted per eyebrow. The grafts may contain one or two hairs according to the situation. The expected design of the eyebrows depends on the discussion between you and the doctor. General, before the surgery, local anesthesia is used with an oral sedative to minimize the discomfort.
The hairs come from the back of the head for which either strip or FUE technique is used. The selection of the procedure depends on the doctor’s diagnosis and your goals or expectations. After determining the direction and angle of growth, the grafts are transplanted to the recipient sites. After the procedure is finished, the surgeon rechecks the eyebrows to make sure that the goals are achieved. The procedure takes several hours depending on the quantity of the grafts. The full results of the surgery can be seen within six months.
What are the advantages?
Eyebrow restoration provides you a lot of benefits some of which are given below:
- Transplanted hair are permanent.
- The procedure is painless.
- It provides you the freedom from monthly eyebrow grooming.
- It gives you a different look that makes you more confident in social situations .
- It is an amazing way to hide scars and burn marks.