Female Hair Transplant
Hair Treatment for Women
As shown above, the women do not have any baldness area if they suffer from the baldness. This is a known fact that the baldness resistant hairs act as the donors for the bald areas in the hair transplant surgery. As women do not have any donor site, they are not ideal candidates for hair transplant surgery.
It does not mean they cannot be treated. The treatment for women has some difference if they are facing diffuse hair loss. There are some women who can be the good candidates for hair transplant as well. For such women, hair transplant surgery is helpful.
Who are the best candidates for Hair Transplant?
A very small percentage of women are ideal candidates for hair transplant surgery. The ideal women candidates for hair transplant are given below:
- The women suffering from traction alopecia (non hormonal).
- If the pattern of baldness is similar of male-pattern baldness.
- Women with alopecia marginalis.
- Women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, accidents, and burns .
- Women who want to restructure their hairline.
- Women who have lost some but not all hair due to injuries or burns.
- Women who experienced hair loss after face lifts or other cosmetic procedures.
Treatment Procedure for Women
Generally, the women are not the ideal candidates for hair transplant surgery but the women facing any of the problems mentioned above, they can undergo this surgery.
Basically, two procedures are used for women that are Strip method and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Both the procedures have some advantages and disadvantages for women and any of them cannot be said as an ideal choice for women. However, most of the doctors use strip method because the women have long hair and they can hide the scar made by the method.
Before starting any treatment for women facing diffuse hair loss, a complete workout is essential. After that, the treatment is given by using medical, surgical or the combination of both treatment options.